Fruit & Vegetable Juices
Since 1956, Milne has built its reputation on a strong commitment to outstanding quality and concern for food safety. From Concord grapes to raspberries and blackberries to a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, Milne produces fruit and vegetable juices in concentrate and NFC (Not From Concentrate).
Milne's juice concentrates and NFC (Not From Concentrate) are produced from a wide variety of fruits and vegetables including:
Milne produces fruit and vegetable juices in NFC (Not From Concentrate) and concentrate, which are described as follows.
Juice NFC (Not From Concentrate): A natural sugar solution extracted or pressed and filtered from the skin, pulp and seeds of the fruit or vegetable. The majority of the acid and color content is retained. All NFC juice products are pasteurized.
Juice Concentrate: A natural sugar solution extracted or pressed and filtered from the skin, pulp and seeds of the fruit or vegetable. The solution is depectinized, filtered and evaporated under vacuum to a specified Brix level, usually folded two to seven times the original Brix value. Concentrates are favored for ease-of-use and economical storage and transport.
Juice Product Characteristics
Milne’s fruit juices and concentrates are made to the highest quality standards in the industry and are:
- 100% all-natural
- Pure fruits or vegetables with no artificial color or preservatives
- Brix levels can vary to customer specifications
- High in nutritional values, fat-free and low in sodium
- Shelf stable: minimum of three years when properly stored for frozen packaging, two years for aseptic
- Certified by WSDA, USDA, JAS, BRC and OU Kosher
- Packaged frozen in pails, drums, totes and tank trucks or aseptic in bag-in-box, drums and totes
Fruit juices and concentrates are ideal for use in products where the natural color, intense flavor and identity of real fruit is essential in a liquid form. For example:
- Beverages: juices, drinks, smoothies
- Sauces: salad dressings, jams and jellies
- Confections: gummies, hard candies, jellies
- Dairy: juices, drinks, yogurts, sorbets, ice cream, frozen novelties and desserts
- Bakery: pastry and cookie fillings
Milne offers a variety of non-aseptic packaging for juice concentrates and NFC (Not From Concentrate) in pails, drums, totes, and by the tank truck. Aseptic packaged products are ready-to-use – no thawing required and available in a wide variety of sizes including bag-in-box, drums and totes. Each pail or drum is labeled with lot number, product ID and Julian date of production.