Milne supplies high quality 100% all-natural IQF (Individually Quick Frozen), Straight Pack, Sieved and Seedless blueberries and, what has emerged as real super fruit, the aronia berry. To assure adequate supplies, Milne is now fully integrated with a large family owned farming operation to better serve the IQF and frozen berry markets.
Whether blueberries or aronia berries, each variety is picked fresh off the vines and bushes and immediately delivered to one of two local facilities for immediate processing. All Milne frozen berries are:
- Processed from freshly harvested and frozen berries
- 100% fruit with no artificial ingredients or fillers
- In compliance with the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act
Frozen berries are available in one of three options:
- Individually Quick Frozen – Also called flash freezing is the process of slowing down decomposition by turning residual moisture into ice, inhibiting the growth of most bacterial species.
- Straight Pack – When no sugar or other ingredients is added to a block-frozen product.
- Sieved and Seedless - A process where puree is produced by passing berries through a sieve to remove the seeds making a smooth mixture.
Food safety and product quality are the two most important factors in growing and processing these fresh fruit products. From the field to harvesting and through production, Milne strives to assure food safety standards and the effective tracking of its products on a “one-step forward and one-step back” basis.
Finished IQF products are packed in a 30 lb. white poly liner in a corrugated case and sieved and seedless are packed in steel open head 355 lb drums with poly liners or 28 lb. fill plastic pails. Requires shipping in refrigerated frozen vans and storage at less than 0ºF for at least a two-year shelf life from date of manufacturing. Each pail or drum is labeled with lot number, product ID and Julian date of production.