Mango – It’s a Go with Mangoes
Mangoes are a very versatile fruit offering a unique and unusual taste. Mangoes have natural tenderizing properties, making them a perfect ingredient for marinades and as an additive for certain spices. Mangoes:
- Are noted for content of antioxidant vitamin A and dietary fiber
- Contain extracts under research for their potential use against cancer or arthritis
- Have a compound called mangiferin which is promising as a potential pain therapeutic
- Provide 100% of the daily value of Vitamin C
- Contain 35% of the daily value of Vitamin A
A favorite among islanders, mangoes add unique flavor as an ingredient and are ideal for juices, smoothies, salads, salsas, or just eaten dried.