MicroDried® Fruit & Vegetables
Milne’s MicroDried® ingredients are 100% all-natural, high quality dried fruit and vegetables that are rich in nutritional values and health benefits – retaining higher levels of polyphenols than other commercial drying processes. MicroDried® products bring real fruit color, flavor and enhanced nutritional values to consumer products.
Milne currently offers MicroDried® fruits and vegetables as whole or fragmented. Select products or varieties are available in both high and low moisture level offering different textures - chewy and crunchy. These revolutionary fruit and vegetable ingredients offer exciting opportunities to develop distinctive new consumer products:
To preserve nutrients, the MicroDried® process uses innovative vacuum microwave dehydration technology to gently heat each piece to reduce the microbial load and preserve polyphenol levels. This process is 100% all-natural, uses no artificial ingredients, sugars, flavoring, color or preservatives and retains most of the actual size and visual appeal of the fruit or vegetable piece.
MicroDried® ingredients offer more consumer appeal than most other commercial dried products. In fact, in independent side-by-side sensory comparisons, Milne MicroDried® was found to “actually look, smell and taste more like fresh fruit” than other dried products.
MicroDried® Product Characteristics
Milne MicroDried® products actually retain more vital nutrients than other commercial dehydrated and dried fruit products. These fruit and vegetable pieces offer higher levels of polyphenols and are ideal for new health and wellness consumer products. Product attributes include:
- 100% all natural ingredients with no artificial color or preservatives
- Retains high polyphenolic values and natural color and flavor
- Low fat and low in sodium
- Minimum two year shelf life when properly stored
- WSDA, USDA, BRC and Kosher certified
MicroDried® fruit and vegetables are ideal for new health and wellness consumer products and can bring natural color, intense flavor and real fruit and vegetable nutrition to breakfast cereals, baked goods, snack chips, smoothies, spreads and juices. These MicroDried® fruit and vegetables can be packaged as a snack, used as an ingredient, or as a healthful additive to new products that better meet the needs of today’s health-conscious consumer.
MicroDried® fruit products were introduced in the summer of 2012 and the first vegetables in the spring of 2013. Today, MicroDried® fruit and vegetables are already being used in these commercial applications:
- Private label vinaigrette raspberry salad dressing for a major grocery chain
- Bite-size blueberry, cranberry-raspberry snack item for all natural snack manufacturer
- Industrial blueberry cookie product for the baked goods market
- Bulk snack or ingredient items for the nation’s premiere natural foods grocery
- Milne MicroDried® fruit ingredients are an easy and healthy addition to any new product and are a particularly good source of vitamins, minerals and polyphenols.
Milne MicroDried® fruit and vegetables are packed in a 48 gauge metallized PET bag inside a double build corrugated box and should be stored in a cool, dry environment preferably below 70°F (21°C) and 50% R.H. Shelf life of two years from date of pack under recommended storage conditions (protected from moisture and excessive heat) in unopened containers. Each pail or drum is labeled with lot number, product ID and Julian date of production.